The Academy is guided by twelve principles.
These are what we evaluate our performance against.
- Accessibility: Language, formats, and media that allow lessons to be made available to people of different abilities, means, and circumstances.
- Diversity: We believe in supporting a diversity of perspectives, contexts, and viewpoints of our learners.
- Dynamic: Content is created and updated continually to reflect the evolving nature of evidence and changes in the world.
- Evidence-informed: We draw on the best evidence to provide you with content that you can count on.
- Multisensory: We use all your senses to learn through providing material in different formats and encourage experiences that use your eyes, ears, and body to learn.
- Portability: Our material is designed to be used where and when you need it.
- Positive: We believe that our challenges are best met with optimism, hope, and a spirit of generosity.
- Practical: Whether it is theory, tools, skills, or frameworks we believe that what you learn must facilitate use and application in the world.
- Responsible: Our lessons, tools, and materials strive to foster care for the world and people within it.
- Self-Determination: The Academy is designed to help individuals assert their values and strive toward their goals.
- Timeliness: Our platform is designed to support learning when you need it, where you need it.
- Wholeness: We recognize innovation is best done when it supports our learner’s whole selves — their body, mind, spirit, and community.